Monday 26 November 2012

Hello again!

I can't believe its been a month since I last posted.  I have had a serious case of writers block that just hasn't wanted to be unblocked!  I'm back now though and hoping that the words flow as easily as they seem to flow from my lips ;)

I have had a busy month with one thing and another but one of the highlights was the Village-Vintage Fair at Plumpton.  This time round I was on my own as Mark had rather conveniently got a prior engagement.  Never mind I thought, I'll be fine and you know what, I was!  I had a brilliant day, my friends Pat and Eve came along for moral support and we had so much fun, I don't think I stopped laughing!  I saw lots of previous customers which was wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed catching up with them plus I was able to see and speak to a few of the other stallholders that I had previously met.  I really feel at home now at these fairs and remembering how I felt at the last Village-Vintage in July seems a lifetime ago.  There was no way I would have ever done that fair on my own but here I am, 4 months later, driving, unloading, setting up and selling on my own.  I missed Mark but I feel that doing these things on my own has allowed me to gain confidence and allowed me to have something just for me and I love it!

My stall at Plumpton, sweet vintage skittles and miniature watering can
Gorgeous printers drawers and lots of french fabric boxes
Old jam pans, 1920s woolly socks
On the Sunday I did it all over again at the Upper Beeding Vintage Rummage Sale.  I have to admit that when I woke up on the Sunday I was wondering why I was doing it to myself but I'm so glad I did.  I had a lovely day at a new venue and enjoyed talking to some stallholders I hadn't met before.  I even treated myself to a little something...............

Vintage fairy dolls
...........although I'm not entirely sure Mark was impressed when he got home, there is no way these are going on top of our Christmas tree this year and in fact I really feel that I need to cover the doll on the right with a blanket at night like you do with budgies, she's almost demonic and has eyes that could turn you to stone!

As long as I promise not to buy anymore demonic dolls, I am going to be doing the next rummage sale at the Village Hall in Upper Beeding on 16th December from 12.30pm.  Its a great place to do some last minute pressie buying as everything is really reasonably priced.

In December which I will have a stall at 3 fairs including the Vintage and Handmade Fair in Chipping Sodbury on 1st Dec.


I am v.v excited about this fair as it is such a departure for me location wise.  I have always wanted to go as a buyer but have never been able to justify the journey, now I can!  Mark has been given strict instructions for the day, he is in charge of the heavy lifting whilst I make the stall look good, then I'm allowed to go off, have a wander round, chat and look for Christmas presents (for me) whilst Mark mans the table.  I've also got to fit in taking photos of all the other stalls AND try and sell a few things myself.  I am so looking forward to it that I can't wait for Saturday to come, I know I'll be up at the crack of dawn, organising (dictating) Mark and getting so over excited that I'll wear myself out and won't have the energy to buy anything (highly unlikely).  Can you tell I'm a bit excited!

If any of my readers are going to be at the Vintage and Handmade Fair then please do come and say hello, I love meeting fellow enthusiasts and hearing your stories.  You won't be able to miss us as I will be the woman with the husband who looks like he wants to strangle me after all my helpful organisation (dictating) tips on where to put the stuff, what photos to take etc etc!

Still from Dead of Night - film from 1945
Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday! xxx

1 comment: